NewsBank has served schools and school libraries worldwide with a variety of products for more than 40 years. Currently, NewsBank offers schools around the globe curriculum support, newspaper resource and specialized resource products.
NewsBank supports school curricula through a variety of educational resources comprised of information from newspapers, wire services, magazines and journals, broadcast transcripts, historical documents, government publications, abstracts and much more. Articles are carefully selected for their research value, and they are indexed with familiar terms. This, in addition to intuitive interfaces, helps students find information relevant to their studies and research through browsing and searching.
- —An ideal resource for American History, English and Literature classes
- —comprehensive coverage of important science concepts
- —the ideal curriculum resource for primary school
- —modern history in the words of those who experienced it
- —a unique primary source historical collection
NewsBank is the leading provider of Web-based access to the full-text, complete electronic editions of more than 2,000 newspapers published around the world. School libraries can provide students and teachers with unlimited, 24/7 Web-based access to not only local newspapers, but also titles across the state or region, the entire nation or countries around the world.
- —the world’s largest full-text newspaper database
- —read exact replicas of popular newspapers online
Specialized News Collections
Through NewsBank, schools can offer students and teachers several resources that are rich in content specific to their various areas of interest. These specialized resources may be cross-searchable with NewsBank’s newspaper collections and share the same interface, or they may be searchable independently.
- —numerical data that supports a wide range of subjects
- —Spanish-language news from the U.S. and abroad
- —essential information on international issues and events